Although Ground Control comes with a nice collection of good multiplayer maps Several people have been designing and building new scenarios for us to play. A special mention to Ninja Prime who has been lately filling the Krig 7B cartographic database with some quite great maps.
To install them, after downloading the files and unzip if necessary, put the *.sdf files in the “GC\data\maps\” folder. (create it if necessary) Don’t put the files in the “GC\maps\” one or they won’t work.
This are the ones you will need to play with us
- Ninja Prime DM pack — A collection of Death Match maps (one sdf file)
- Ninja Prime BA and Coop pack — A collection of Base Assault and Cooperative maps (one sdf file)
- Ninja Prime Desert Pack — A collection of desert themed Death Match maps (one sdf file)
- Snizzle-MP-Pack — And a collection of maps made by Snizzle (one sdf file)
And this ones are for collector purposes only.
- Joxer’s Basic Map Pack — A collection of maps from very different sources that we usually play online (several sdf files inside a zip) It’s no longer needed as the maps are included in the Balance mod. Here is the link.
- All old maps pack — A collection of every multiplayer map from very different map makers except for the Ninja Prime packs as they are under development and subject to updates. Inside you’ll find both good and horrible multiplayer maps. We have divided them into 3 different packs and recomend you don’t install all of them at once as a large amount of maps installed has been reported to give connection problems to some users and even cause the game to crash. Here are the links;
DeathMatch Collection Pack
Other Maps Collection Pack
Skirmish+Coop Collection Pack
This is a basic list and specifications of common played maps in Ground Control online games. If you are new to the game they’ll give you a view of the different kind of maps and strategies played in GC.
(they are installed along with the game)
JOXER’S BASIC MAP PACK
(custom maps hosted and played through Game Ranger included in the Balance Mod)